Cambrooks College is bound by federal and provincial laws that aim at protecting the privacy of the students and staff information. The College respects the right to privacy of its students and is committed to safeguarding the personal information of each student, staff and graduate within the confines of the law. Cambrooks College will not disclose a student’s personal information without a prior written consent of the student.
Information Protection and Access
The college will protect the personal information collected from students, graduates, staff and other business partners. All employees are required to exercise caution when disclosing personal information to others. Access to personal information is limited to the following:
- An individual accessing his or her own personal information
- An employee of the College with authorized access based on a legitimate academic or business need
- Any organization or person authorized by the individual to receive the information
- Authorized Legal Agent/Government Body/Representative under the circumstance where the College complies with the release of personal information,
- Individuals or entity as permitted by law where deemed to be necessary for reasonable conduct of College business
Data Usage and Procedures
- Cambrooks College requires certain information about its students in order to serve them, to enroll them in a program or course, and to record their results on their academic file. Without these information, Cambrooks College cannot accept an enrolment, as the College will not be able to create a student record.
- Cambrooks College will only ask for only personal information, which will be required to process enrollment. This information will be kept secure, and will not be sold to third party.
- Cambrooks College will only disclose such personal information to third parties requiring the information for purposes of arranging external examinations, keeping academic records, or issuing certificates. Cambrooks College will also make disclosure if the College is compelled by law to do so. We will only disclose the specific information requested.
- If a student has any questions or concerns pertaining this to our policy, the student should contact the College for clarifications.
- Cambrooks may need to use students and staff photos for advertisements;such use will require written consent before such images are used, except for group photos taken during College events, and for which it is not feasible to obtain written consent for every person involved. .
- The Cambrooks College website (cambrooks.ca) provides links to third party web sites. Our policy does not extend to third party sites, and we recommend that all Cambrooks College students read the policies of these web sites. Cambrooks College is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by third party web sites.